Venturing into the joyous wide open world of baked edibles and cannabis cooking is exciting and somewhat overwhelming. Two of the simplest ways to infuse your CBD into these tasty treats is through cannabis-infused cooking oil and butter. To begin you must first select the flower and effects you are looking for. Much like smoking, the same sativa / indica benefits apply to cooking with cannabis. These two easy methods of pulling cannabinoids out of flower buds will become the base to many delicious recipes such as desserts, snacks and beverages. We will first focus on cooking oil, then share our simple canna-butter recipe.
Important: Before cooking with cannabis be sure to decarboxylate
Read : How to Decarb CBD Flower
Cannabis Cooking Oil
1⁄4 ounce of ground, decarbed cannabis
1⁄4 cup of oil ( olive,canola,coconut )
Cheesecloth / Mesh strainer
1. Place decarbed cannabis in a frying pan or saucepan with you selected oil.
2. Using a cooking spoon, continue to stir the mixture over a very low simmer for 10-20 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool.
4. Strain oil mixture into the bowl.
5. Press cooked flower to release remaining oil into the bowl.
6. Keep cannabis oil in a sealed container. Refrigerate or keep in a cool, dark place.
Cannabis Oil may be used in place of regular cooking oil in recipes and standard meal preparation.
1 ounce of ground, decarbed cannabis
1 cup of water
4 sticks butter
1. In a saucepan, bring 1 cup of water to boil. Once boiling, add the butter and wait for it to melt.
2. Once the butter has melted, add the cannabis. Turn the heat down low and let it simmer so that mixture is barely bubbling. Cook for 3 hours, stirring regularly. Be sure the flower does not stick to the bottom.
3. Allow the mixture to cool off while you prepare your bowl. Get a deep, bowl and cover it with a fine mesh strainer lined with a cheesecloth.Once cooled, pour the mixture through the strainer and cheesecloth to strain out excess flower particles.
4.Remove the strainer and cheesecloth. Place bowl in the refrigerator for hardening allow the butter to separated from the water. The hardened butter will be sitting on the surface with the water underneath it. Once separated, run a knife around the edge of the bowl to get the butter out.
5.Empty any remaining water and place it in a storage container for use.
Now replace butter in recipes with your new canna-butter and enjoy the tasty benefits
Comments will be approved before showing up.